Monday, July 11, 2016

The Search, Redux

The only thing I can promise you'll find before this post are a lot of broken links to photos, and a bit of the history of this blog, documenting my search back in 2008 for a Danish bicycle like the one I used to ride to school in Denmark in the 1990s.

My Churchill Classic on the Williamsburg Bridge
Now, eight years later, I've since sold my beautiful Velorbis, whose name was Sleipnir, to a (hopefully still) happy new owner in Brooklyn, moved to an island in the North Atlantic (which was sadly not in Denmark), and been working on getting a PhD (which is where I've been). As I prepare to move away from this car dependent place to the West Coast of Canada where there are actual bike lanes and more than two months without rain and snow, I am once again searching for a bike to ride upright in a new city.

Everything around here needs an upgrade, and will be getting it as Drunk and in Charge heads west to Victoria, British Columbia.

First things first, I need a new bike...

No comments: