Barri (yes, that's her) was recently laid off from corporate America - like many others here in New York, she is now looking for work:
"I was laid off from corporate America in Jan 2009. I'm kinda glad. I'm also kinda scared. Things I will do for money include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Go through your facebook friend list to determine who it's time to unfriend.
- Write your online dating profile, white lies and all.
- Organize your Obama campaign memorabilia.
- Set up your DVR recordings in preparation for Lost, 24, Battlestar Galactica, American Idol and Howie Do It.
- Sell your stuff on ebay. What were you thinking buying that diamond pave dragon cuff anyway?
- Duck tape an umbrella to your bike when you have to get to a hot date in the rain.
- Change your Brita filter. Who wants to wait around until the water is clear of carbon? I do.
- Go to first base. Second base negotiable for the right hourly rate.
- Febreze your suits after your interviews. Dry cleaning is overrated.
- Delete all the porn off your work computer's hard drive."
While # 6 might be of particular interest to you, dear readers...the thing is - she's also a brilliant comic writer - and YOU should be paying her for how much you're going to enjoy reading her new blog. Check it out.