Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1st Rental Bike

My bike and the IT University

In case you've wondered what I've been riding... here's the first bike I had until Sunday. It has since gotten a punctured tire (somewhere near Christiania) so I had to trade it in for another.

This one was a Batavus with brooks saddle - SRAM, etc. It was a very nice ride!

I specifically asked for a girl's bike with a basket - otherwise, the standard Danish men's bicycle is nothing like this. Most of the men I've seen are riding with the seats quite high, on a sporty carbon frame - and I'm really shocked at the number who are wearing helmets! It really never used to be that way.

2 comments:

m e l i g r o s a said...

what a cute bike! love the basket <3

Michael said...

Yeah, it's cute right? The basket is made by Rice.

Rice Denmark
Havnegade 100 D
DK-5000 Odense C
Denmark
Tel: +45 63 11 35 35
Fax: +45 63 11 35 36 rice@rice.dk