Friday, July 11, 2008

Wet Hot Panniers

Note:
This is a guest post from Liz, aka ehouse, who often sends Michael bike related photos or blurbs through email instead of on here like she should.

This past Tuesday I rode my bike a few miles to watch Wet Hot American Summer at McCarren Park Pool in Brooklyn. When I arrived I learned that no bikes were allowed inside and I didn't have a bike lock because I am paranoid about leaving it alone. On top of that, I noticed there were no bike racks outside. But, I decided that now was the time to buy a bike lock, so I rode to the nearest bike station, Spokes & Strings, and bought Kryptonite's New York Lock (which costs more than my bike is monetarily worth). When I returned I saw that a million people had now locked their bikes to the surrounding fences and I joined them without complaint. I realized that no bikes are allowed inside because so many smart people ride their bikes there.

After the wet hot movie I returned to find a printed, paper tag on my handlebars advertising hand-made bike panniers. This self described "teensey punk business", Swift Industries, crafts your order in their Seattle basement. The panniers are great but since I already have storage room in my front basket I'm thinking about ordering a custom tool pouch.

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

So cute!

I can say that there really is nothing like the right tool for the job. Keeping those tools organized with the right tool for that job is yet more delicious.

http://chiccyclist.blogspot.com/2008/03/custom-commuter-accessories.html

William said...

did everyone catch this? - awesome news

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/nyregion/11broadway.html?em&ex=1215921600&en=6ea6017098694734&ei=5070

William said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
William said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
William said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.