Monday, June 30, 2008

You won't believe your eyes.

I accidentally photographed the Scintillating Grid Illusion. I was reviewing my photos and at first, I thought I had gone crazy.

You may not be able to see it here at this size, but if you look at the image at 1024 x 681, you'll see it. First take a look at the image by clicking on it below. Then follow the link at the end for another example. Oh, and I photographed this while riding across the Williamsburg Bridge on Sleipnir.

Scintillating Grid Illusion

My friends tell me that this photo has a much stronger effect on me then on them. If you don't really see it flashing, check this out. this is what it looks like to me: Another example of the Scintillating Grid Illusion.

5 comments:

Bike Jax said...

That is a very interesting effect. You just gotta love those happy accidents.

Zakkaliciousness said...

I couldn't hardly read the effing text because of the flashing doodad! Very cool.

Krista said...

Ahh! My brain!

That was pretty awesome. You took that while riding?

Shek said...

i dont see the picture flashing. I can see the picture in the other grid-illision link flash through.
maybe staring at a CRT for 8 hrs a day has its toll on ones eyes!

Michael said...

zakka - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one... : )

shek - don't worry, my friends had trouble seeing the effect as well. It must be something about our eyes - I wonder what though!? I actually work in technology, so I'm staring at screens all day as well - but they're never CRTs - only LCD.

krista - I did pause to take it. : ) I know, the effect on the brain is pretty strange...