Monday, June 16, 2008

Vegan Brooklyn


Reader Rachel says:
"Hello. I recently moved to Brooklyn, and I was wondering if you could maybe give me a list of any other good vegetarian/vegan restaurants for me to check out in the area. On that note, I have also been on the lookout for a nice coffee shop that actually has seating. Any tips?"
Rachel, did you ever ask the right person! Here are my favorite spots for a bite in Williamsburg:
Wild Ginger (all vegan Thai)
Foodswings (all vegan 'fast food')
Penny Licks (all vegan dessert)
Vinnie's Pizzeria (great vegan pizza and dessert)
Taco Chulo (good vegan options)
Falafel Chula (good vegan options)
LA Burrito (good vegan options)

And the best places to sit down and have skillfully prepared coffee in the hood:
Oslo (two locations)
El Beit

Check out my yelp reviews, you'll find other places around the city that I like.
And check out the Discerning Brute blog for updates, he lives in the hood and always blogs about the cool vegan joints that turn up.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to checking those places out and doing some more exploring.

Michael said...

There's also one I haven't tried yet - but sounds good. It's Caribbean

Mighty Diamond
347 Graham Ave
Brooklyn NY 11211
(718) 384-7778