Sunday, May 18, 2008

Vegan Velorbis

(UPDATE: Help me name my bike! Post your ideas in the comments below. Thanks!)

And the winner is....

I have placed an order for the Velorbis Churchill Classic with all non-animal parts - we're calling it the Vegan Velorbis. The bike should be arriving next week, along with Gregory's Churchill Balloon which I ordered and Jennifer's Victoria which she ordered earlier.

I can't even explain how excited I am about my new Danish bike! It's been a long process deciding which bike to get first, and I'm confident I've made the right decision. I'm looking forward to adding an Azor to my collection when the Dutch Bike Co. Seattle opens a store here in Brooklyn... Three Danish bikes are about to move in with us, and I'm going to document the whole thing.

And here he is, the Churchill Classic:

Williamsburg Bridge


Stay tuned for updates, and photos and posts about all our first adventures out into the city. Get ready for our Danish Bicycle Gang...

So, what should I name my bike?

10 comments:

Aaron said...

Congrats! I wish you many happy New York journeys!

Zakkaliciousness said...

Wicked cool! Name him Zakka! :-) - not only 'cause it's my nickname... See here

Zakkaliciousness said...

Or København... which is the Danish name for Copenhagen... pronounced Kooben-hown - or Koobenhoowna - Copenhagener.

Or maybe The Bronck - after Jonas Bronck, the Dane for whom the Bronx is named.

Silver said...

nice blog..
visit me back at my Blog

Michael said...

Thanks Aaron!! - I'll be posting about all of them so you can join us...

Michael said...

Zakkaliciousness - lol - what's next, are you going to suggest I call him rød grød med fløde? : )

I was thinking something more like:

Þórr

or maybe

Óðinn

lol - Something grand and ancient and big and norse - or more modern danish is cool too...

Maybe I should call him Rygbrod because he's going to be under me all the time?

I would love to have more suggestions - especially from Københavner like y'all...

aLex said...

congratulations on your decision. i cannot wait to see [insert name here] and you together.

one of churchill's nicknames was cigarface ... sounds tough enough for brooklyn.

aLex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ehouse said...

I propose the name of Odin's eight legged horse "Sleipnir".

Michael said...

OK - so far, Sleipnir is my absolute favorite.

Wow. Now I just need some help with the pronunciation.

I'm going to start a new post for this once he arrives, and then create another poll - so stay tuned for what might even become a naming contest.... with prizes....