Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rain rain go away.... CycleBlog roundup

First off, Copenhagen Cycle Chic starts a new series about the bikes of Denmark. Forget Oma, it's all about the Bedstemor (repeat after me...best-uh-more).

Bless this Bike blogs about biking to Coney Island. Spring is here.

BikeBlog covers the continuing destruction and
privatization of Union Square and what you can do to fight back.

Copenhagenize writes a wonderful post about urban planning in Denmark.

Alex reminds us on Hank & Me to consider buying used bicycles. I 2
nd that. I lived on Craigslist for the past two months looking for a Danish bike - no luck, but let's keep looking. And maybe I should post the best one's I find here...

Bike Snob NYC makes me laugh nonstop describing how a photo of a biker with a "pink fanny pack" sends "tremors of rage" through him" like a matador’s cape."

And finally, today is the first day since leaving Portland 5 years ago that I regret leaving that city. It's all BikePortland's fault - the culprit? This story about Portland's plan to build a pedestrian and bicycle ONLY bridge across I-5... Why can't NYC do this same kind of thing between Brooklyn and Manhattan? And between Roosevelt Island and Manhattan? And everywhere else...

2 comments:

RI 360 said...

The Roosevelt Island Bridge may be getting something along those lines. Its unclear from the map but I posted about it...

http://rooseveltisland360.blogspot.com/2008/04/dedicated-bike-path-for-roosevelt.html

Michael said...

Thanks for this! I posted about it above - keen eyes... I didn't even notice that on the bike map - but then, a lot of people don't even notice RI... isn't it covered with a legend on the MTA map?